Information For Employers
A key strength of our careers programme is the contribution from local employers and employees. The meaningful encounters which our students have with employers, colleges, universities, training providers and workplaces bring our careers programme to life.
The Academy has many strong partnerships with a wide range of educational institutions, training providers and employers who contribute to our careers programme through:
- supporting students understanding of different careers and job roles
- helping students to understand labour market information
- raising aspirations and increasing motivation
- helping students identify educational and occupational goals
- demonstrating the relevance of the knowledge and skills learnt in subjects to future opportunities in learning and working
- demonstrating the links between living, learning and earning
- providing work enrichment opportunities including work experience, workplace visits, guest speakers, curriculum support.
If you feel that you can support our careers programme through any of the following or have any other ideas for how we could work together, we would love to hear from you.
- Careers insight talks
- Workplace visits for staff
- Workplace visits for students
- Supporting a curriculum area (staff CPD, student masterclasses, supporting a lesson)
- Work experience placements
- Mentoring a student
- Sponsoring an academic award
Please contact our Careers Leader, Mrs McDermott for more information. ([email protected])